JULO (www.julo.co.id) is a digital lending company that is revolutionizing access to financial products for millions of emerging consumers in Indonesia. The Company has developed digital data-driven credit underwriting and risk assessment platform to process consumer loan applications and determine their creditworthiness using its mobile app.
JULO is based in Jakarta and is backed by leading venture capital firms in Indonesia and Singapore. The company is now processing applications from all over Indonesia and is about to enter a hyper-growth period.
- Progressively work closely with the Head of Legal in providing creative legal advice across the full range of business activity where legal input (of all types) is required.
- Provide versatile advice and take into account various perspectives, which could be from a government perspective, partner perspective, and/or a customer perspective.
- Run point for all legal matters of the on-demand business streams, primarily finance technology, peer-to-peer lending, multi-finance, and payment.
- Ensure all legal, regulatory, and corporate compliance in all geographies.
- Undertaking legal advisory functions in relation to general corporate compliance. Tracking laws and regulations that are relevant to the Company's business and policies. Providing legal advice to management.
- Monitor and identify compliance risks, coordinate control improvements, and check implementation status.
- Part of a team player to develop and implement policies, procedures, and controls to ensure that the organization's practices remain compliant with regulatory requirements, including but not limited to OJK, BI, PDP Law, Privacy Shield, and/or other standards like ISO 27001, ISO 2700x, etc.
- Manage regular and periodic internal and external risk assessments & audits.
- Assist with the remediation of control deficiencies identified during the audit process.
- Assisting other business units in any legal requests & regulatory advice related to the corporate, product life cycle, and business ops with recommended courses of action;
- Collaborate with external counsel where considered necessary.
- Bachelor of Law degree. Having a master’s degree is a plus
- Have an interest or experience in technology law, finance technology, and compliance.
- Having experience with fundraising, mergers, and acquisitions is a plus.
- At least 7 - 10 years of experience in the field of law, preferably a mix of law firm and in-house experience
- Advanced level of spoken and written English proficiency
- The ability to take legal and commercial direction from other solicitors and the Head of Legal in a positive and constructive way
- The ability to provide and a proven track record of delivering quality legal advice with a commercial slant and understanding a business's commercial realities and needs.
- The ability to manage a complex workload with changing priorities on a daily basis
- Good communicator in most media, presenting complex legal issues, guidelines, and disciplines.
- A problem solver, creative thinker, and facilitator who can steer internal and external customers onto the right course and ensure risk management
- Good persuasive skills to “bring people along with them” at all levels in the business and externally.
- Experience in dealing with confidentiality and secrecy arrangements.
- Working in a cross-functional role interfacing with people at all levels within a business.