Regional Accounting Officer
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2023
General Ledger and Reporting:
- To work closely with subsidiaries for fast & smooth closing of monthly accounts.
- Timely preparation of Group consolidated accounts.
- To closely monitor and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the management reporting (Board Papers/SMC Papers/Reports & Accounts/Consolidate Group Account).
- To ensure and monitor the accuracy and timeliness of BNM submission, SST filing, Tax returns & etc.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards, Companies Act, Authorities guidelines and formulate policies and standard operating procedures.
- To formulate a new GL structure for the new entities with IFRS requirement and ensure successful implementation of the new system especially finance related areas.
- Assist in new accounting standard implementation project for all group companies.
- To coordinate/liaise with external parties such as External Auditors, BNM Officers, Tax Agents, IRD Officers on their request.
- To implement process improvement / rectification recommended by internal & external auditors.
- To formulate and improve on reporting process & procedures of monthly accounts.
- To review and approved payments for expenses and ensure accurate GL posting.
- To formulate and enhance payment policy and procedures.
- Review and revise authority limit when necessary.
Cash Flow Management and Banking
- Monitor group cash flow and ensure the timely and accurate preparation of the daily cash flow report to ensure adequate funding for group projects and activities as well as operational needs of HO and subsidiaries.
- Maintenance and continual improvements for existing processes, leveraging on technology and competitive practices for all banking matters, including banking facilities and new merchant.
- Attend to requirements of all banking facilities and ensure prompt renewal for smooth operations.
- Ensure banking arrangements are properly authorized and backed by agreements/ contracts.
Projects, Ad hoc Assignments and Others
- Attend to any ad-hoc assignments that may be required from time to time.
- To manage, plan and resolve any matters in relation to Finance section.
- To liaise with external parties on finance related issues.
- Mentor and develop finance team.
- Support the department on performance tracking.
- Recommend area for improvement to enhance efficiency and effectiveness - work flow/cost saving.
- To assist in finance function in oversea operation.
Forecast & Budget
- To coordinate and consolidate GWP and management expenses for budget purpose.
- To prepare yearly full set budget in accordance to prescribe template and seek approval from BOD.
- To coordinate discussion and prepare forecast.
- To prepare tax estimation and make revision when necessary.
- Candidate must possess at least an accounting and finance professional qualification (ACCA, CPA. MIA or equivalent) and or a good Bachelor's Degree qualification.
- At least 5 years of related experience with knowledge about the insurance industry.
- Conversant with Consolidation, IFRS, Companies and Tax Regulations.
- Familiar with accounting standards i.e IFRS & MFRS and BNM / local authorities requirements (Indonesia & Thailand).
- Able to work and travel abroad for an extended period of time.