Head of A&H Underwriting
● Own, review and update underwriting guidelines and pricing conditions for all types of policies in line with company direction and targets.
● Collaborate with data science and insurtech partner(s) to leverage data and technology to automate quotation, pricing, policy issuance and endorsement processes in line with our company’s financials targets, workflow and SOPs.
● Review, update and manage workflow, SOPs and manuals for the team to receive, review and issue policies and endorsements for group and individual applications or standard sales orders in partnership with our sales channels / producers (broker and agents).
● Define and execute good strategies in partnerships with our sales channels / producers (broker and agents) to scale written premiums and improve profitability of portfolio.
● Prepare periodic reports and analysis to update management on underwriting performance and productivity leveraging Tableau and other data tools or dashboards.
● Validate and ensure that all premiums proposed and policies issued via our core system complies with OIC regulation and Company Underwriting Guideline as updated from time to time.
● Manage a team of underwriter(s), policy issuance and endorsement team to support smooth and complete underwriting processes.
● Participate in internal meetings including but not limited to senior management team meetings, and external meetings with clients where requested.
● Initiative new product, features, coverages and / or plans for the company to introduce
to the market, and prepare ratings and wordings for OIC product application and approvals; in support of this initiative, prepare market research and study including but not limited to competitor benchmarks for clear differentiation to the market.
● Provide complete and accurate information to all and any operations team(s) to facilitate policy issuance, endorsement and invoicing correctly and on time.
● Control and manage that all E2E underwriting functions comply within our turnaround time (TAT) and service level agreements (SLA) agreed within the Company and with our sales channels and sales producers (brokers and agents). Identify and implement methods to optimise performance TAT and SLA to provide better services to our clients.
● Bachelor’s Degree of Administration, Insurance or Nurse or in any related field.
● Minimum 8 years in the insurance company as Underwriting.
● Minimum 8 years in the insurance company as Underwriting (Health, PA or Life).
● Extensive knowledge of the insurance industry and marketplace including coverage issues, regulator issues and impact.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English & Thai.
● Good computer literacy, Microsoft word, powerpoint and especially excel.
● Supervisory skills including delegating tasks/authorities, provide guidance, personnel management.