Finance Operations Manager
Accounting & Finance, Operations
Posted on Wednesday, March 1, 2023
- Lead, and drive the strategy for the finance shared services for a team of over 10+ people.
- Daily monitoring/oversight of accounting operations & resolve operational issues.
- Timely close of accounting books on monthly basis.
- Implementation of Internal Financial Controls and risk control matrix across major process – O2C, P2P, R2R, Banking, Fixed Assets, Payroll, Statutory Compliances, etc.
- Implement key control strategy to identify errors / risks in finance operations.
- Implementation of daily operations metrics to ensure team to deliver the required results.
- Own and improve service level metrics across productivity, quality and timeliness of the deliverables.
- Coordinate with Auditors to ensure timely submission and review of audit reports (Internal, Statutory and Tax Audits).
- Formulate and review accounting policies & procedures on a continuous basis; drive the development / up-gradation of a robust Accounting Manual.
- Preparation of SOPs for all the finance processes.
- Implementation of ERP and other systems required for accounting, control environment & reporting, drive automation charter for finance operations.
- Manage working capital by ensuring daily AR reconciliations and negotiating the payment terms with vendors.
- Review Balance Sheet and P&L every month with detailed schedules & analytics.
- Publishing cash flow statement and working capital status.
- Monthly review of BRS and other reconciliations and act upon the open items.
- Key reports like AP aging, Advance aging, transactions processed, AR aging, Cash back aging to be shared with finance head on a weekly basis.
- Ensure compliance with WHT and capturing GST / VAT tax information at invoice level.
- Ensure proper accounting of fixed assets, physician verification of FA and Inventory.
- Vendor reconciliations and confirmations on a periodic basis.
- AR reconciliations and follow up on receivables with the concerned teams.
- Implementation of DOA and SOD (segregation of duty) specially for banking transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree (Finance or Accounting) required. Master’s degree is desirable.
- Professional certification - Qualified Accountant (IAI / CA / CPA).
- 7+ years of experience in Finance Operations / Shared Service / AR / AP / accounting function.
- 5+ years of managerial experience.
- Working experience in both large and start-up organizations.
- Strong communication & English language (written and spoken) proficiency.
- Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) proficiency.
- Hands-on experience with ERP. Implementation experience is desirable.
- Working knowledge of, and experience with, statutory accounting and tax rules / regulations and reporting in India, Singapore and Indonesia.
- Self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must possess an eye for detail and strong analytical acumen.
- Ability to multi-task, and work and deliver results under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work across diverse teams/functions.
- Strong leadership ability to build, manage and motivate teams and work with business partners.
See more open positions at Ula
Something looks off?