Product Manager - Platform
Cape Town, South Africa
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2023
Who We AreYoco is a growing African Fintech, enabling people to thrive through open commerce.Founded in 2015, Yoco now processes over US$2 billion annually, and we’re the payments provider for over 200 000 self-employed.We’re aiming for more than 1 million by 2025, and to become the leading Open Commerce ecosystem for small businesses, across Africa and beyond.Mission & Purpose - Commerce for everyone.We enable people to thrive, through open commerce. We’re breaking down barriers to a more prosperous future for all. We’re unlocking economic opportunities by building inclusive financial tools for the self-employed.We believe in a world where commerce is more accessible, more possible, more inclusive, more for everyone. We believe in a world where technology enables people to focus on what matters, where they can tap into their gifts, creativity and passion.We believe in increasing wealth locally, and in the ripple effect that it can have on so many communities. We’re opening commerce for everyone. Join Us.The Opportunity:As a payments platform team, our primary objective is to establish a stable and reliable platform that guarantees timely settlement of funds to both Yoco and our valued merchants. We strive to ensure that all parties receive their rightful payments promptly and without any disruptions. In this role, you will work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders, including product managers, engineering teams, and various internal and external partners. Close collaboration is essential as you engage with these teams and stakeholders to achieve shared objectives and drive the success of our initiatives. What You’ll Do
- Prioritise and define the roadmap. You will develop and prioritise a roadmap for the team and define quarterly goals that are in line with the overall business strategy.
- Identify product requirements. Work with business stakeholders to identify and analyse opportunities to improve our products and translate these into clear user stories for your team.
- Own the product backlog. Build and prioritise the product backlog ensuring the team is working on the biggest problems and opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with engineers, infrastructure teams, internal stakeholders, and partners to identify opportunities, develop effective solutions and deliver them across the finish line.
- Prioritise among different problems, making sure that imminent problems are resolved first, but the long-term is also taken care of.
- Prior experience in payments, ideally in a similar role.
- You have enough technical fundamentals to build a platform as a product while working closely with technical subject matter experts.
- Solid technical understanding and ability to engage in architectural discussions with engineering teams.
- You are able to make strategic choices, taking into consideration not only business needs, but especially the technical needs as well as the needs of the team.
- You are fuelled by curiosity, always on the lookout to learn how something works, whether it’s our platform’s performance, application architecture, or the scalability of our database infrastructure.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey product strategy to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way