Senior Accountant (PH)
Accounting & Finance
Capital Region, Iceland
Posted on Saturday, October 8, 2022
Join the Pioneer Crypto Brand in the Philippines!
Coins is the most established crypto brand in The Philippines and has gained the trust of more than 18 million users. Through the easy-to-use mobile app, users can buy and sell a variety of different cryptocurrencies and access a wide range of financial services.
Coins is fully regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) and is the first ever crypto-based company in Asia to hold both Virtual Currency and Electronic Money Issuer licenses from a central bank.
What you'll do
- Handle transformation projects across finance and accounting
- Contribute in the overall continuous improvement of the Company’s accounting practices,policies and procedures
- Identify savings opportunities based on financial data to improve Company P&L
- Prepare accurate accounting entries for multiple entities by compiling and validating reports submitted by other internal teams
- Assist in the timely and accurate monthly and annual closing of accounting books and consolidation
- Substantiate financial transactions by keeping proper and useful supporting documents
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing available information
- Assist in the monthly preparation of tax filings
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively with an upbeat and positive attitude
- Ability to proactively look for solutions to current issues
- Assists in coordinating with other teams in reconciling financial information
- Assists in coordinating with external auditors to deliver timely audits
- Assists finance managers and corporate finance team in day-to-day operations
What we expect from you
- College graduate, bachelor's degree in Accountancy
- CPA is an advantage
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in the accounting or auditing field
- Experience in owning, maintaining, closing, and auditing books of accounts
- Practical accounting/auditing experience in a financial institution is preferred
- Big 4 experience is a plus
Knowledge and Skill Set
- Excellent attention to detail with strong analytical skills
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace applications
- Proficient in accounting standards and principles
- Proven integrity in dealing with internal and external contracts and in implementing company data privacy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledgeable in digital currencies or financial institutions a plus
Join the Coins Team Now!
Meaningful Collaborations - The successful candidate will work cross-functionally with other relevant teams to carry out implementations that will improve and create an impact on customer experience.
Scalable Growth - Be part of a fast-growing organization with the vision to expand its territories outside APAC which will provide opportunities for career advancement.
A Space For Bright Ideas - Let your bright ideas be converted into meaningful changes! Coins culture welcomes new ideas backed up by data to create an impact.