Junior Risk Officer
Capital Region, Iceland
Posted on Monday, July 3, 2023
Join the Pioneer Crypto Brand in the Philippines!
Coins is the most established crypto brand in The Philippines and has gained the trust of more than 18 million users. Through the easy-to-use mobile app, users can buy and sell a variety of different cryptocurrencies and access a wide range of financial services.
Coins is fully regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) and is the first ever crypto-based company in Asia to hold both Virtual Currency and Electronic Money Issuer licenses from a central bank.
What you'll do
- Assists the Senior Risk Officer in the execution and continued enhancement of the Coin's ORM framework, including performance of risk & control self-assessments, monitoring of key risk indicators and incident reporting
- Maintains knowledge of ORM practices, including related regulatory guidance.
- Assists in providing risk direction and support for corporate initiatives as appropriate including: enterprise projects, system integrations, business continuity planning/exercises, and process improvements.
- Ensures management's decisions are full risk-informed and risk-taking remains aligned with Coins's risk management efforts.
- Oversees the outsourcing and vendor management program and related due diligence activities.
- Evaluates due diligence work and quality of the program and consults with management on key concerns or exposures.
- Coordinates the development or revisions of policies, procedures, and agreements to ensure compliance with the regulatory process.
- Ensures that deviations from policy are corrected.
- Provide analysis of new products/activities/services and processes.
- Maintain awareness of changes in market and liquidity industry standards, best practices, and risk landscape to maintain professional competence.
What we expect from you
- BA/BS degree in Risk Management, Finance or Business Administration required
- Minimum 5 years of risk management, governance, compliance and/or resilience experience, preferably with a financial institution with regional operations
- Professional Risk/Audit/Accounting Certification(s) preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge of Bangkok Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) regulations pertaining to risk management and regulatory reporting
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong initiative with exceptional analytical and reasoning skills
- Willingness and ability to accept responsibility and seek/provide guidance to department team members
- Effective organizational and planning skills, with the ability to successfully guide projects through to completion
- Ability to successfully build strong working relationships and interact with colleagues and management at all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively challenge management responses when necessary and work with the Senior Risk Officer and Deputy Chief Risk Officer to resolve issues in the best interest of the company
- Adequate knowledge and interest in cryptocurrency/blockchain ecosystem
Join the Coins Team Now!
Meaningful Collaborations - The successful candidate will work cross-functionally with other relevant teams to carry out implementations that will improve and create an impact on customer experience.
Scalable Growth - Be part of a fast-growing organization with the vision to expand its territories outside APAC which will provide opportunities for career advancement.
A Space For Bright Ideas - Let your bright ideas be converted into meaningful changes! Coins culture welcomes new ideas backed up by data to create an impact.