Cyber Defense Engineer
Taguig, Metro Manila, Philippines · Capital Region, Iceland · United States
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Join the Pioneer Crypto Brand in the Philippines!
Coins is the most established crypto brand in The Philippines and has gained the trust of more than 18 million users. Through the easy-to-use mobile app, users can buy and sell a variety of different cryptocurrencies and access a wide range of financial services.
Coins is fully regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) and is the first ever crypto-based company in Asia to hold both Virtual Currency and Electronic Money Issuer licenses from a central bank.
We seek a highly skilled and experienced SOC Engineer primarily focusing on change management. This pivotal role is instrumental in ensuring the security of our organization's information assets by leading and facilitating the change management process, emphasizing integrating security measures seamlessly. The role also encompasses responsibilities related to infrastructure security.
- Spearheads the development and implementation of robust change management policies and procedures, ensuring alignment with industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including IT, development, and business units, to conduct thorough impact assessments for proposed changes, emphasizing potential security implications.
- Lead the communication and coordination efforts during change implementations, providing clear directives to mitigate security risks and ensuring the overall success of the change management process.
Security Monitoring, Incident Response & Infrastructure Security:
- Utilize SOC tools and technologies to monitor security alerts and events.
- Participate in incident response activities.
- Proactively identify and analyze potential security threats within the organization's network and systems.
- Develop and implement strategies for threat detection and mitigation.
- Design and implement use cases for Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems.
- Understand the structure and meaning of logs from different log sources
- Collaborate with the IT team to ensure effective integration and utilization of SIEM for security monitoring.
- Experience working with network security controls (Routers, Firewalls, Proxies, ACL’s, Wireless networking)
- Assess and enhance the security of the organization's infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms, including AWS, is a must.
- Strong knowledge with cloud, Web infrastructure security is preferred.
- Proven experience in a SOC engineering role with a primary focus on change management.
- Knowledge of industry-standard SOC tools and technologies.
- Familiarity with change management frameworks and methodologies.
- Experience in infrastructure security assessments and enhancements.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and provide effective security solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- This role may require participation in an on-call rotation and occasional off-hours work to address security incidents or support critical changes.
Join the Coins Team Now!
Meaningful Collaborations - The successful candidate will work cross-functionally with other relevant teams to carry out implementations that will improve and create an impact on customer experience.
Scalable Growth - Be part of a fast-growing organization with the vision to expand its territories outside APAC which will provide opportunities for career advancement.
A Space For Bright Ideas - Let your bright ideas be converted into meaningful changes! Coins culture welcomes new ideas backed up by data to create an impact.