Head of Compliance (TH)
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
Join the Pioneer Crypto Brand in the Philippines!
Coins is the most established crypto brand in The Philippines and has gained the trust of more than 18 million users. Through the easy-to-use mobile app, users can buy and sell a variety of different cryptocurrencies and access a wide range of financial services.
Coins is fully regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) and is the first ever crypto-based company in Asia to hold both Virtual Currency and Electronic Money Issuer licenses from a central bank.
Join the leading Crypto Brand in the Philippines!
Who we are
We are one of the oldest and largest crypto platforms in Southeast Asia offering exchange and wallet services to our users. Our product lineup also includes electronic payment service and e-wallet. Through our wallet, users can send money to anyone, pay for bills, shop online at over 100,000 merchants, receive money transfers from 200+ countries even without a bank account, and of course view and purchase cryptocurrencies.
What you'll do
- Works closely with the General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer, and the Director of Human Resources to ensure that the business is compliant with its various regulatory compliance obligations
- Define the requirements for regulatory compliance and develop compliance risk assessment programs according to the annual compliance plan
- Identify risks and recommend solutions and implementation strategies for compliance issues to management and employees of all business units
- Provide compliance training to compliance managers on effectively carrying compliance programs for all employees in order for them to be knowledgeable of organizational policies, and federal/state standards
- Review and revise compliance policies on a regular basis and coordinate with other departments including internal audit and risk management
- Supervise, guide, and counsel compliance teams and monitor their implementation of key compliance strategies, initiatives and action plans
- Oversee internal and external funding sources and budgeting within compliance units to ensure successful implementation of the compliance mission
- Consult and report to the chief compliance officer regarding all compliance related initiatives, corrective actions, and reviews
What we expect from you
- Bachelor’s degree in law, finance, business management, or a related field
- 3-5 years’ proven experience in a compliance officer role
- Good knowledge of legal requirements and procedures
- Brilliant oral and written communication skills
- Highly-analytical with strong attention to detail
Join the Coins Team Now!
Meaningful Collaborations - The successful candidate will work cross-functionally with other relevant teams to carry out implementations that will improve and create an impact on customer experience.
Scalable Growth - Be part of a fast-growing organization with the vision to expand its territories outside APAC which will provide opportunities for career advancement.
A Space For Bright Ideas - Let your bright ideas be converted into meaningful changes! Coins culture welcomes new ideas backed up by data to create an impact.