IoT technology is transforming our world – Eseye empowers businesses to embrace IoT without limits. We deliver innovative IoT cellular connectivity solutions that help our customers drive business value, deploy differentiated experiences, and disrupt their markets. Supported by a powerful partner ecosystem, we seamlessly connect devices across 190 countries, agnostic to over 700 available global networks. We do this by using disruptive technologies and services aimed at reducing the complexity around cellular connection management, providing ubiquitous connectivity services from device to cloud.
A Technical Author will work closely with the software development and hardware teams, testers and other writers, gathering information from various sources including stakeholders, subject matter experts, and pre-release software, and producing a variety of content and information deliverables. This may involve participation in the software and hardware development process from start to finish. In addition, Technical Author contribute towards the delivery, process improvement, and on-going maintenance of the organisation’s product information offering.
The position sits within the Technical Consultant team at the Guildford office and reports into the Chief Customer Officer.
We are flexible as to the level of this role, i.e. it could suit a recent technical/engineering graduate in the early stages of their career in technical writing, or it could also suit an individual with more proven experience in the industry. The salary offered will depend upon previous demonstrated experience.
- Researching and writing instructions and explanations for internal and customer use;
- Planning and coordinating projects to ensure that effective solutions are delivered within agreed timescales and costs;
- Ensuring all projects are a technical and commercial success;
- Assisting with the planning, design, research and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems;
- Maintaining knowledge of hardware, software and network technology and recommending modifications as necessary;
- Meeting with clients and customers to identify and document requirements, conduct business and technical studies, and provide objective advice on information systems strategy, policy, management and service delivery;
- Assisting with the selection of the most appropriate hardware/software/technical solution to meet clients’ requirements.
- Being a knowledgeable expert on our products and associated technologies;
- Raising feature and enhancement requests in MySQL with detailed descriptions for the Operations team to work from;
- Building strong relationships with key internal departments including Hardware, Support, Development and Operations;
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree level education;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a technical writing environment, including researching, planning, and creating technically detailed content;
- Ability to explain technical concepts in text and illustration;
- Understanding of technical subjects such as APIs;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently, with a flexible and “can-do” attitude;
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills;
- A level of technical knowledge that allows you to initiate hands-on understanding and be able to practically engage with our products;
- Strong time-management and prioritisation skills, balancing a range of demands on your time while keeping to deadlines and producing content on a regular basis;
- Knowledge/experience of topic-based single-source content development using Madcap Flare (ideal)