Embedded Software Engineer
IoT technology is transforming our world – Eseye empowers businesses to embrace IoT without limits. We deliver innovative IoT cellular connectivity solutions that help our customers drive business value, deploy differentiated experiences, and disrupt their markets. Supported by a powerful partner ecosystem, we seamlessly connect devices across 190 countries, agnostic to over 700 available global networks. We do this by using disruptive technologies and services aimed at reducing the complexity around cellular connection management, providing ubiquitous connectivity services from device to cloud.
Eseye has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Software Embedded Engineer to join the Development team. In this team, we specify, design, develop, test, and certify the hardware and embedded software used in our HERA product range. This range includes our HERA600 cellular routers and also bespoke Internet-of-Things product designs for our customers based around our HERA300 rapid prototyping platform.
The successful applicant is expected to become a key software development engineer working as part of a team on larger developments and individually on their projects. They can expect to be involved in the entire product development cycle from specification through to acceptance testing and certification.
· Develop embedded software in a "right first time, right on time" spirit.
· Test thoroughly to minimise the number of bugs discovered in QA and customer acceptance testing.
· Assist in the pursuit of best tools, methods and design practice.
· Provide quality and innovation in design.
· Continuously improve own knowledge and expertise.
· Estimate task time-scales and work to achieve agreed targets.
· Software maintenance of existing products, and peer review of new projects.
· Solid industry experience in an embedded 'C' development role (microcontroller/constrained device not PC).
· Degree (or equivalent) in electronics, computing or related engineering.
· Experience with digital communications systems and protocols in an industrial environment.
· Able to design, develop and test embedded software in C or C++.
· Able to understand electronic designs, particularly for digital logic and microcontroller circuits.
· Familiar with debugging embedded software using software debug tools and laboratory test equipment.
· Enthusiasm for developing products for volume manufacture
· Enthused by working on software that is closely linked to hardware.
· Must enjoy working in a busy design engineering environment
· A working knowledge of network protocols and systems
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Ability to communicate directly with customers
· A strong sense of taking personal responsibility whether working solo or within a teamwork setting is essential.
Additional skills that will strengthen your application:
· Kernel/User Space embedded Linux development. Preferably openWRT
· Real time operating systems. Preferably FreeRTOS