Infrastructure & Operations Engineer
Other Engineering, Operations
Cape Town, South Africa
Posted on Sunday, July 2, 2023
Yoco is on a mission to help the businesses of tomorrow get started, and get paid – be a part of the team that changes financial services in Africa. Curious. Data-driven. Purposeful. Sound like you? It sounds a lot like us too.We are a fast-growing African technology company made up of over 350 team members globally. All with a bias for boldness, and a passion for simple, progressive solutions.Founded in 2015, Yoco is now the payments provider for over 200 000 business owners and processes over $2bn annually. Your home team at Yoco:The DevOps team at Yoco forms part of our rapidly growing Cloud Engineering function and is responsible for infrastructure, cloud environments and our hosting platform capabilities. Similarly to the other teams which make up the function, one of the DevOps team’s key goals is to be enablers and contribute to a solid foundation upon which all our products and services can be built. The teams strive to not be blockers and provide as much autonomy as possible to the areas they support as well as implement the relevant guard rails to ensure we can build amazing things quickly and securely. The role:Working at one of the fastest-growing fintech’s in Africa means you’ll be solving some unique challenges that we’re faced with. We’re looking for a talented engineer who’s excited by the opportunity to contribute to something meaningful and to work within a team of highly skilled engineers delivering impactful solutions.Automation is key in being able to achieve the scale we aim to operate on and ensuring we are agile means we’re not only able to scale quickly but we’re also able to adapt and constantly iterate on our systems. Key Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for building, monitoring and supporting cloud-based infrastructure
- Working closely with software developers to enable them to deploy and support their own services
- Planning out new infrastructure projects and understanding the trade-offs around cost, maintenance and interoperability with our current architecture
- Build tooling to improve the reliability, monitoring and availability of infrastructure
- Investigating and resolving infrastructure-related issues
- Maintaining automation as a first-class concept, especially around the deployment pipeline
- Work alongside a broader team of world-class engineers, sharing knowledge and collaborating on various projects.
- You have at least 3 years of experience with Azure Public Cloud
- You have a strong working knowledge of Linux, networking and database administration
- Extensive production-level experience using Terraform, Packer and Ansible.
- Familiarity with other Hashicorp tooling (Nomad, Consul, Vault, etc) or similar.
- You have previous experience working with physical server infrastructure
- Experience debugging issues, identifying faults and enhancing observability software.
- Experience with other public cloud providers is a bonus (AWS specifically)
- You have previous experience working within an orchestrated containerised environment (Kubernetes is a bonus)
- Having previous experience working within a PCI environment is beneficial
- You are comfortable and familiar with a scaling and service-based environment
- You enjoy problem-solving and have good attention to detail
- You work collaboratively and can be self-motivated in a remote setting
- Awareness of DevOps principles
- Are transparent, articulate and driven to succeed.
- Have a passion for enabling teams of software engineers.
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way